Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup white sugar 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar 1 tsp. soda
- 1 cup shortening 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs 1 pkg. choc. chips
- 3 cups flour
- Cream shortening & sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat thoroughly. Drop with a spoon onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. This is a soft cookie and not a crispy cookie.
- 2 ozs. chocolate, grated 2 eggs whites beaten
- 1/4 cup grated almonds 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Mix almonds, sugar, and chocolate; add vanilla and fold in the stiffly beaten whites. Drop by teaspoon on greased paper. Bake in at 325 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from paper while warm.